Thin Lizzy

Discussion in 'Music' started by W5HRO, Dec 24, 2017.

1. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Anyone remember Thin Lizzy? Philip Lynott was great, but he had a tragic end and died in 1986. He and the drummer started the band in 1969 and they were a 3 piece band until they found to other two gutair players who stayed with them the longest until about 1979 then left.

2. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

I started playing the Black Rose album again tonight and it has to be one of the most kickass albums of all time! I cannot fucking believe it was a cutout album.

3. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

You know I think I know what happened. Back in the late 1970's right before 1980 the music scene started changing and drastically. The punk stuff peaked right before the new wave crap started around 1980. I think Thin Lizzy just had some really bad luck when their one lead guitar player got stabbed in his hand with a glass bottle during a bar fight and then Philip Lynott developed hepatitis and they had to delay everything a couple of times. I think as a result they just peaked about two years too late. By the time Black Rose came out the music scene had already moved on to what I have always called “The waste of a decade” The 1980’s. It probably caused Lynott a lot of mental depression and that may have been what happened. There was time back in the mid to late 1970’s that I would have rather seen Thin Lizzy in concert than Led Zeppelin because Thin Lizzy was 50 X better.