The Ranch

Discussion in 'Television' started by W5HRO, Dec 19, 2016.

1. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Has anyone watched "The Ranch" TV series on Netflix?

I came across it last week and have now watched all of the episodes and it has been renewed for another season. The main stars are Sam Elliott, Ashton Kutcher, Danny Masterson, and Debra Winger. It’s basically Sam Elliott with a some of the old cast from “That 70's Show” and more keep appearing.

Anyway, it’s a funny citcom drama and a Netflix original series. What’s funny about is they could never show it on the 4 main networks. A lot of 4-letter words throughout each episode with the occasional semi-nude shot. There is no censorship or political correctness at all. It's actually a really good show.

I wonder if this is leading to a new trend where you have famous TV and movie actors doing these new types of TV shows with no censorship because they cannot do it on the main networks?

2. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

Looks like it could be good I'll check it out thanks. The scene where the son fires off his weapon brings back bad memory's had some drunk dumb ass do that exact same thing the round hit a rock and a piece of the copper jacket came back and hit me in the leg. People that treat weapons like toys piss me off anyway I digress I'll check out the Ranch tonight.

3. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Yeah, they started it last April and I probably saw it on the list and just didn’t know what the hell it was. They did 20 episodes in 2 parts and are doing 20 more again here in 2017.

At first I wondered who the lady was that plays the mom then I looked at the name, Debra Winger and went oh shit! Now I remember. She looks nothing like she did back in the 80's.

Anyway, apparently this is the first type of a big TV (streaming TV) series like this with really well know actors. I have a hunch it may in fact start a new trend.

4. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

Funny my wife said the same thing she looked a little worn Sam Elliot seemed skinny too. All in all not a bad show I'll keep watching for awhile.

Talking about worn out did you see that video of those washed up actors trying to discourage electors from voting Trump old hot lips was down right scary too many plastic surgery's gone bad.

5. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

I went back and I looked and she did two nominated movies in 2005 and in 2008. She starred in the one in 2005 which was a TV movie and she looked about the same as she did back in the 80's (well almost), just not young and hot like she was back then. Then the one in 2008 her face started to change little. Looks like sometime after 2005 she went through a rapid aging process to where she is pretty much unrecognizable now. It’s like WTF happened? I’ve seen actresses age before, but not to the point where you could longer tell who they were anymore. It was more of a shock for me because I had not even seen her in anything since those 1980’s movies, or at least never noticed her in anything after that time period.

I think I saw that, there was at least one or two of those on TV and/or here on the net. A lot of good it did them. In the end Hillary is the one who wound up getting less votes when a few of the electors cast their votes for someone other than her. There efforts backfired.

6. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

The Ranch Part 3 (Season 2) is on Netflix now. I watched all 10 new episodes last night, but I should have taken my time. Now I have to wait for Part 4 :'(

Part 4 should happen sometime around December.

7. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Looks like the next set of episodes will happen on December 15, 2017