Nice day for a hike

Discussion in 'Chat' started by W5HRO, Sep 5, 2016.

1. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Took a long 3 hour hike this morning at the Monte Bello open space preserve in Palto Alto.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Also went all the way up to where the communication/cell towers are.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  3. WD5JKO

WD5JKO Member

Nice hike Brian. My wife, daughter and I spent last week in San Diego with my son, his wife, and new daughter. The attached picture was taken at the Cordiano Winery. Good wine, great pizza, and nice people there. Sure is dry out there. The picture shows yours truly from the side view. The second picture shows my daughter, me, and the XYL. The third picture shows my XYL carrying the new Granddaughter, little Milano.

Cordiano Winery.jpg WP_20160826_007.jpg 20160823_164309.jpg
  4. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Yeah, San Diego is even dryer than it is here this time of year. The only difference is here it cools off at night to like 50+ degrees, then it warms back up to 80+ to 90+ degrees during the day. There it will often still be 70+ degrees when you get up in the morning with more moderate afternoon temperatures. Not much humidity though until you move further up the coast to Orange County and Santa Barbara.

Did you check out Mt Palomar and the 200-inch scope? That telescope is the reason for all the amber colored street lights in San Diego. It’s to help prevent light pollution to the scope.
  5. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Nice day for a party... A cool 80 degrees here.