NEARFEST was successful despite wx reports

Discussion in 'Chat' started by W1VTP, Oct 18, 2015.

1. W1VTP

W1VTP Member

Good turnout at NEARFEST this weekend. Met some friends. Had a good time. Didn't buy much

Here are some pics. The first picture is (L to R) Joe WA2PJP & Pete W1VZR. The second pic is a "Coffin Bug" put out by a Japanese outfit that I had to add to my collection

Al

JOE (WA2PJP) AND PETER (W1VZR).jpg BUG (CROPPED).jpg

2. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

That really should be called FARFEST for the rest of us who live across the country :razz:

3. W1VTP

W1VTP Member

:biggrin: I know what you mean. Well, I met Tom, W6TOM over here. I didn't ask why he came from such a distance but anyway, some folks do come quite a ways off. I like it 'cause it's such a friendly bunch of hams. Maybe if you ever have occasion to come out this way you're invited as my guest.

Al

4. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Was listening to the San Diego 3870 AM net last night and heard that W6TOM guy. He checked in here from the bay area. That guy is from your neck of the woods Al and said he wants to move back there again because he misses the New England winters :eek:

WTF?

He must have developed some kind of a medical or mental condition in his old age :mrgreen:

5. K4TQF

K4TQF Member

Missed it by this = much. We were busy unloading the truck... or should I say the movers were busy slinging stuff all over the yard ! I don't know about TOM, but I know I have lost my marbles moving up here! It's great to be amongst a bunch of active hams. :icon_thumbup:

6. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Whatever you do just don't turn into one of these guys :icon_shh:

your-hero_now.jpg

7. K4TQF

K4TQF Member

I paid that guy $250 cash for a Maine AM operators permit.