More California Communism

Discussion in 'Chat' started by W5HRO, May 20, 2016.

1. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

We need to keep a close eye on this shit. May need to run down to the store now and buy a few and stash them away for safe keeping. It's not just happening here in California either so everyone beware.

California Senate passes sweeping new restrictions on firearms owners

SACRAMENTO -- Quickly moving from one bill to the next, the California Senate on Thursday approved a package of sweeping gun-control measures, setting up a showdown featuring top Democrats over how best to tackle one of the year's most incendiary issues.

The Senate approved legislation to regulate the sale of ammunition, close several loopholes in the state's assault weapons ban and establish a Firearm Violence Research Center at the University of California -- all over the objections of outnumbered Republican lawmakers.

Senate President Pro Tem Kevin de León, D-Los Angeles, said he wants to use Thursday's votes to create enough momentum to carry the bills through the Assembly and to Gov. Jerry Brown's desk as soon as next week. Swift success, he hopes, will convince Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom to yank his gun control initiative from the November ballot.

But none of that will be easy. Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon, D-Paramount, has not yet endorsed de León's strategy. And Brown's position on the proposals -- some of which he has vetoed before -- remains unclear. On top of that, Newsom, who is running for governor in 2018, has vowed not to pull his measure from the ballot no matter what lawmakers do.

This year, sponsors of initiatives for the first time can choose to yank them from the ballot if the Legislature takes action and they're satisfied with the results.

De León and many other Democratic lawmakers argue that the bills passed Thursday by the Senate are remarkably similar to the provisions in the ballot measure Newsom is championing.

Speaking to reporters after the votes, De León thanked Newsom for "keeping gun control on the front burner" and inspiring the Legislature to act. But citing concerns that Newsom's measure could fail, he insisted the Capitol is the best place to craft tighter rules for gun owners -- not the ballot box. In addition, many Democratic leaders worry that the measure could drive pro-gun voters to the polls in November and swing close congressional and legislative races.

"Given the complexity of firearms policy, I believe the legislative process is the most responsible path forward," said de León, who hasn't spoken with Newsom in several weeks. "We owe it the voters to tackle tough issues and not force them to do our jobs for us." A Newsom spokesman on Thursday did not respond to a request for comment on the Senate's action.

John Donohue III, a Stanford law professor and expert on gun politics, said it's difficult to predict the end result.

"It's too soon to know how it will all shake out," Donohue said.

The 11 bills the Senate approved Thursday include some the upper house vetted in policy committee hearings along with others that, until a few days ago, looked like totally different pieces of legislation on unrelated topics. That was before the proposals were "gutted and amended" -- a maneuver lawmakers use to craft new bills once legislative deadlines for new bills have passed.

Legislation authored by de León in 2009 regulated the sale of ammunition, but a judge later ruled that its definition of ammunition was too vague to enforce.

De León's Senate Bill 1235 and Assembly Bill 156, authored by Assemblyman Kevin McCarty, D-Sacramento, seek to remedy the problem by defining ammunition as "one or more loaded cartridges consisting of a primer case, propellant and with one or more projectiles."

The Senate approved both measures on a 24-15 vote despite Republican protests that the bills and other pieces of the package trample on Californians' Second Amendment rights, create more red tape for law-abiding gun owners and will do little to reduce violent crime.

Senate Republican leader Jean Fuller, R-Bakersfield, criticized Democrats for seeking new firearms rules before the state has fully implemented a law on the books that instructs the attorney general to seize guns from people, such as felons and the mentally ill, who are prohibited from owning them.

The state "invested millions of taxpayers' dollars for Attorney General Kamala Harris to remove illegal guns off the streets, but Harris' office has failed to do so," Fuller said. "We should be focusing on criminal activity and taking illegal guns off our streets."

Lawrence Keane, senior vice president and general counsel for the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the trade group for the firearms industry, released a statement after the votes raising similar concerns: "Law abiding, responsible California gun owners and firearm retailers were the ones truly hurt by today's actions," he said.

Other measures the Senate passed include SB 880, authored by Sens. Isadore Hall, D-South Bay, and Steve Glazer, D-Walnut Creek, and AB 1135, authored by Assemblymen Marc Levine, D-Marin County, and Phil Ting, D-San Francisco. The measures seek to modify the assault weapons ban to effectively prohibit "bullet buttons."

Aiming to work around current law, which bans long guns with detachable magazines, firearms manufacturers began selling "California compliant" assault weapons with recessed buttons that allow users to instantly detach a magazine by pressing it with the tip of a bullet or another small tool. The Senate approved these measures on a 24-14 vote.

SB 1446, authored by Sen. Loni Hancock, D-Berkeley, seeks to make another revision to the state's assault weapons ban by restricting possession of ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. California's 1999 update of the quarter-century-old assault weapons law only banned the importation, manufacture and sale of large-capacity magazines. The Hancock measure was approved on a 22-15 vote.

Sen. Jeff Stone, R-Riverside, who spoke out against almost every gun bill the Senate considered Thursday, called SB 1446 especially "egregious" because it allows for "the incremental beginning" of the government's ability to confiscate weapons.

Starting July 1, 2017, the bill would require owners of magazines of more than 10 rounds to sell them, move them out of state or turn them in.

"I'm going to quote Adolf Hitler," he said, to gasps in the Senate chamber. "To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens.".

Flag_of_Communist_California.jpg

2. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

Brian,
    The commie bastards won't be happy until all law abiding citizen no longer have weapons. I say law abiding because criminals don't care about laws never have never will they will be the only ones with weapons in the end. Looks like I'll be falling in the criminal side since my guns will never be handed over to a tyrannical government run by a bunch of ultra left, and right wing nut jobs.
    Hitler was right along with Pol Pot, Mao Zedong, and the list goes on and on..........

One other thing that bothers me is seeing young kids with Che Guevara tee shirts. Are politically correct schools teaching that Che was some sort of hero now? Last I heard he was a commie with plenty of blood on his hands.

upload_2016-5-20_20-25-57.png

3. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

They even sell those shirts at JCPenney. Che Guevara was a radical Marxist and a military theorist originally from South America and a major player in the Cuban Revolution. He was basically a communist who was involved in the murder of thousands.

It’s like I have said before, America is slowly becoming a communist society and most people today don’t even realize what they are doing is leading to it. They are so worried about being politically correct and making everything they deem to be dangerous illegal that it has clouded their belief system.

4. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

I picked up a really cool shirt and the looks I've been getting while wearing it are priceless :lol:

shirt.jpg
    RESTORE THE ANGER - LIVE FREE OR DIE

5. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

This is why it is so important that we get the current administration out of Washington and everyone connected to it like Hillary and Biden. You don't want them packing the court which is what will happen if Hillary wins the election.

It doesn’t matter how many of you cannot stand Trump, he MUST win so get over it! What pisses me off is that now I'm going to have to run down to the gun store soon and spend a few thousand dollars and stock up on new guns and ammunition because of this shit. I'm not taking any chances. I would advise that everyone do the same. I also just renewed my NRA membership for another 5-years.

Court: No right to carry concealed weapons in public

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Dealing a blow to gun supporters, a federal appeals court ruled Thursday that Americans do not have a constitutional right to carry concealed weapons in public.

In a dispute that could ultimately wind up before the Supreme Court, a divided 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said local law enforcement officials can place significant restrictions on who is allowed to carry concealed guns.

By a vote of 7-4, the court upheld a California law that says applicants must cite a "good cause" to obtain a concealed-carry permit. Typically, people who are being stalked or threatened, celebrities who fear for their safety, and those who routinely carry large amounts of cash or other valuables are granted permits.

"We hold that the Second Amendment does not preserve or protect a right of a member of the general public to carry concealed firearms in public," Circuit Judge William A. Fletcher wrote for the majority.

The ruling overturned a 2014 decision by a three-judge panel of the same court that said applicants need only express a desire for personal safety.

In a dissent, Circuit Judge Consuelo M. Callahan said the ruling "obliterates the Second Amendment's right to bear a firearm in some manner in public for self-defense."

Three other federal appeals courts have ruled similarly in the past, upholding California-like restrictions in New York, Maryland and New Jersey (All Communist States). In addition, another federal appeals court struck down Illinois' complete ban on carrying concealed weapons.

The 9th Circuit covers nine Western states, but California and Hawaii are the only ones in which the ruling will have any practical effect. The others do not require permit applicants to cite a "good cause." Anyone in those states with a clean record and no history of mental illness can get a permit.

The National Rifle Association called the ruling "out of touch."

"This decision will leave good people defenseless, as it completely ignores the fact that law-abiding Californians who reside in counties with hostile sheriffs will now have no means to carry a firearm outside the home for personal protection," said NRA legislative chief Chris W. Cox.

Gun control advocates and others hailed the ruling.

"This is a significant victory for public safety and for local jurisdictions that apply sensible policies to protect the public," said California Sen. Dianne Feinstein, a Democrat.

The California case began in 2009, when Edward Peruta filed a legal challenge over the San Diego County sheriff's refusal to issue him a permit. Peruta said at the time he wanted a weapon to protect himself, but the sheriff said he needed a better reason, such as that his occupation exposes him to robbery.

Peruta, who is a videographer known for legally challenging local government restrictions, said he is neither a hunter, collector or target shooter but challenged the law because he believed it violated the Constitution. The NRA joined him in fighting the law.

The San Diego Sheriff's Department said Thursday that since the 9th Circuit tossed out the law two years ago, it has received 2,463 applications from people seeking a concealed-weapon permit without having to show good cause.

Sheriff's lawyer Robert Faigan said the department hasn't processed those applications and will continue to hold on to them while it waits to see what the Supreme Court does.

This story has been corrected to show that at least three federal appeals courts — not two — have ruled similarly.

6. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

Hope I'm wrong, but it sure looks like the repubics are doing their best to get Hillary elected. Had a $20.00 bet with a friend last year that Hillary would be president told him that he needs to get his pant suits, and ear plugs ready! Man I sure hope I loose this bet:mad:

Couldn't imagine being in the military and having to take orders from this anti American caustic bitch. If she's elected there maybe a flood of early retirements of what might be left of anyone good. I say good people lightly because Obummer has done a bang up job of emasculating the military.

I worked for government for several years and gradually saw the insidious creep of PC work its way in, I believe I was fired from one job because I wouldn't bend over to their demands. Even after being sent to what I call the reeducation camps I saw through their fascist shit I just played along and smiled like the useful idiot they wanted. Finally was laid off in 2003 started my own business and never looked back I couldn't be happier except around tax time.

7. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Up in Mendocino today and was having lunch with the xyl and reading through yahoo while waiting on the food and I showed her the below link. I said he won't but this is who he should really pick for vp. The people at the next tables gave me those looks. There are all like that here now.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

8. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

Nice pic's looks like your having good wx up there this weekend haven't been to Mendocino in years need to get out more.

Well its going to interesting to see who the VP pick is for a while I was thinking maybe Newt Gingrich not anymore though its anybody's guess on this one.

9. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

I'm going to run down to the store soon and pick up a couple of the AR-15 rifles before it’s too late. I'll just lock'em up and stash them away. This gun control shit is coming to a head now and it’s going to get ugly especially if Trump doesn’t win.

On a positive note, Dan Rather just stated that he thinks Trump can win and that Hillary supporters should be really worried. I sure hope so…

There was also a recent pro-gun control article showing the guns they had back when our founding fathers wrote the 2nd amendment. The flaw in their thinking is that those guns are the only thing the enemy had back then as well. They had flintlocks, swords and maybe a few cannons and that was it. Well, if we are only allowed to have shotguns and etc., then how would we ever defend ourselves against a police force or government army who would defiantly have automatic assault weapons and more?

Too many Americans live in a dream world because they think nothing like a hostile government takeover could ever possibly happen. They think everything is just hunky dory and life here will always be free and great. They don’t realize that the danger will always exist no matter how safe they think America currently is. That’s the key flaw in the belief system of gun control supporters and what they are currently doing right now is just arming people like us even more.

Guns don’t kill people, people kill people!

I still think Trump should pick Joni Ernst because it would help bridge the woman vote which he really needs plus help mend the current split with conservatives. He probably won’t though because of his stance against Hillary playing the woman card, but it would make it a lot easier for him to win the election. Not only that, but Ernst is an outside newcomer to Washington just like Trump and she has been stirring things up on both the left and right side of the fence. She would also make Hillary look even weaker. I actually think the choice would be brilliant, but I doubt Trump’s campaign is smart enough to see it. I would be nice if they proved me wrong.

10. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Here, exactly what I was saying...

11. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

One of the vendors at the De Anza swap meet is Russian at least I think he is anyway? This guy sell's military surplus garb I've seen him at just about every swap. Sit down with this guy sometime, and have a chat about freedom, guns, liberty etc. I stirred the pot one time and inserted Hillary's name into a group conversion thought he was going to tare my head off :surprised: This guy lived under a tyrannical government all his life he came here to get away from tyranny, he can't believe how stupid Americans are allowing their freedoms to be slowly whittled away like this.

Good find on the video I'll pass this one along to my friends in the underground.

12. Opcom

Opcom Member

There are things about CA I don't like and their politics is one of them. Those silly geese seem to be finding out what free people like and stamping it out one by one. Before long it will be against the law to make a paper airplane because someone might play with it and get a paper cut.

gun control works.jpg
    Musket Vs Assault Musket.jpg
    Pick a Door.jpg

13. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Received the below in the mail yesterday, vote NO on Prop 63

FullSizeRender.jpg

14. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

What else would you expect from any Twosome Newsom just more prof that liberalism is a mental disorder. This Marxist will be president someday I'd be willing to put money on it.
    [doublepost=1476730051,1476572675][/doublepost]Did you hear about the little Nazi Postman I think it was in Ohio he was opening up absentee ballots and if they had a vote for Donald Trump he threw them out. This is why I go down to the voting place and vote in person I kind of suspected crap like this was going on. I heard this on the radio I'll will try and find an article online and post it.

15. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Yeah, and read this article below as well. This all falls inline with what you said about teenagers wearing Che Guevara tee-shirts today.

"A new study finds young people champion communism, Karl Marx, and Bernie Sanders, even more than previously reported."

http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/17/survey-finds-high-support-communism-among-millennials/.
    [doublepost=1476741777,1476730932][/doublepost]I found that Ohio post office worker article and at this point it was just someone making Twitter posts about it. It may or may not be true or real. That's the kinda thing you have to take with a grain of salt because it could be BS.