Modern Digital Music Sucks!

Discussion in 'Music' started by W5HRO, Nov 10, 2017.

1. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Last night I fired up the new turntable on the MAC-1700 and the ML-1C speakers and put on some vinyl like the original 45 of Tumbling Dice from 1972 and turned it up LOUD! There is nothing like that awesome vintage sound! Modern digital music and equipment SUCKS! There is no comparison to the old analog QUALITY sound.

IMG_2551.jpg

2. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Whipped out the first box of old vinyl tonight. Just one box of about 20 :mrgreen:

IMG_2569.jpg
    IMG_2571.jpg
    IMG_2573.jpg

3. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

4. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

5. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

I tell ya, as soon as I put on Let it Bleed tonight and played Gimme Shelter and Monkey Man I was in heaven. It all of a sudden came back. Tomorrow night it’s Beggars Banquet, Stray Cat Blues and Jigsaw Puzzle. Right now Aerosmith Rocks is blasting here in the audio shack :mrgreen:

Anyway, now I remember who I am :lol:

6. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

7. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

I think you chased everyone off with this audio funk or it could have been the CB forum eh gads that's nasty anyway Jimi is cool. I was really into Hendrix back in the 70's maybe a little too much. I used to live in Yosemite between 79-82 did a lot of big wall climbing back then, and Hendrix always came along for the ride.

The Zodiac.jpg

8. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Audio funk? There are way more people into vintage Hi-Fi equipment than there are into ham radio. Hams are a very tiny minority. I expanded the board to cover other topics hoping that it will eventually attract other members who are not narrow-minded nerds with poor attitudes. Unfortunately, that's what you usually get when dealing with a bunch of old hams who are not interested in anything else, but I think we have enough regular members like yourself who are not like that. It's the ones who have done nothing, but sit on the sidelines and have never made a post or only like one or two so their opinions really don't matter or even count. It was funny because when I updated the board I received 3 or 4 nasty emails from members who had never even made a single post yet they have been members since 2014 and 2015. I guess some people are just really dumb or lack common sense.

Anyway, I think the new title Analog Forever is a good one and fits because it covers everything associated with it, Radio, Audio and Video. I'm still a Ham and always will be and I just remembered my Advanced ticket expires in a few months so I need to remember to renew it. I renewed it shorty after moving into this house in 2008 and I'll be dammed, that will be 10-years ago this February.

9. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

I took the advanced exam over at the field office in SF and missed it by 1 pissed me off. The advance exam was actually harder then the extra from what I remember hey don't ever let that ticket expire your a dying breed that advance ticket isn't one of the new welfare I know nothing gimme tickets.

10. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Still digging through the first box today and speaking of Hendrix, here is a rare import of him with Jim Morrison and Johnny Winter. The first song on side two is called Morrison’s Lament and it’s all X rated lyrics :surprised:

IMG_9638.JPG

11. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Dug out another Hendrix import on the old Polydor label. This is probably the best Hendrix live album ever.

IMG_9696.JPG

12. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Found some of the others. Top two are German imports and the bottom one is a UK import from 1974.

IMG_0054.JPG

13. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Hey, remember Thin Lizzy? I am still digging through the thousands of albums I have. It's hard to believe this one was a cutout. Remember cutouts?

IMG_7713.JPG