Little Remler Beast

Discussion in 'Technical' started by W5HRO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

One of my coworkers gave me the old AM table radio below. It's kind of interesting. It even has programed push button frequencies for some of the old San Francisco radio stations and some with the 3-letter callsigns. The dial also has many stations listed.

It's probably been through a few earthquakes too :biggrin:

IMG_2446.jpg
    IMG_2447.jpg
    IMG_2452.jpg

Anyway, it's a Remler, but I need to remove the cabinet to see what the model number is I guess. The tag below is on the back and I found one on another antique radio forum, but I think it's a different model number, maybe not.

http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=231789

IMG_2451.jpg

2. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Checked and it is the same 464 model like on the other board. The label on the back of the chassis also says Remler Co. LTD, San Francisco.

It must have been a really high-dollar table radio at the time made for the elite. The speaker is very large and has a huge wire-wound magnet wound over its core. There is also a tone control on the back, etc.

3. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Her's a pic of the full backside of the radio.

IMG_2451.jpg

I'm not really into restoring these type of old radios, but this one may be fun and its small enough to where I can sit it on top of a display cabinet already in the living room and use it.