Life is hard for a pimp...

Discussion in 'Chat' started by K4TQF, Apr 19, 2014.

1. K4TQF

K4TQF Member

Uh, I mean a homebrewer. I started back to work on my new shack yesterday. The first decent day here since before Thanksgiving. I'm adding a 10' X 16' deck out back so I can get my table saw and other power equipment out of the building and stop generating more dust. I've been sitting in front of this computer all winter gaining weight. This AM I'm hurting in places I didn't even know I had. Well, at least I got my general ticket, learned a lot about antennas, & I'm off to a really good start on a homebrew rig. So, I guess it wasn't such a bad winter after all... Oh, and... I located a spare ATD to match the one I've had for 50 years. Let's see... if I adjust the L & C, I could drop the BCB tuning unit down about 100KC to the 630M band. :icon_thumbup:
    I'll need a surplus weather balloon for that antenna. :eek:

2. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Years ago Fair Radio was selling those weather balloons. Don't know if they still have them or not. I'm sure some surplus place around still has them.

It's a quick way to get a radial free half wave 160-meter vertical up that's fed in the center. Just watch out for airplanes :icon_shh:

You also need a hydrogen generator though.