FM KFOX 98.5MHz

Discussion in 'Broadcast Bands' started by W5HRO, Nov 28, 2017.

1. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Normally I start warming up the National receivers during the Thanksgiving holiday, but I've been having more fun using the McIntosh stereo receiver on VHF FM listening to KFOX here in San Jose on 98.5Mc most of the time or playing vinyl instead.

2. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

This is before your time here in the Bay Area but, KOME was the big FM station in the south bay in the early 80's. There was a DJ named Dennis Erectus this guy was one sick twisted dude I remember he had a thing for Nancy Reagan from time to time he would blurt out real loud in the middle of a record NANCY REAGAN I LOVE YOU!:surprised: I miss the KOME spot on my FM dial, wait a minute I don't have an FM dial anymore:'(

3. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Yeah, that's KFOX now. The main thing I don't like is when they broadcast the Sharks games. Wish they would stop doing that.

4. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

Were almost on the fringe for KFOX the west end of Livermore its fine but on the east end we start to hear a central valley station competing with KFOX. There arn't many good rock stations anymore a sign of getting old I guess the Mexican stations boom in as do the Rap crap, oh well that's why we have our record players, and CD's. You know I don't even listen much anymore I'm either listening to talk radio or music off the phone its a rare occasion you'll fine me listing to local broadcast radio.

5. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator