John Mayall on Tour

Discussion in 'Music' started by W5HRO, Jul 20, 2014.

1. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

The recent death of Johnny Winter last week really got me to thinking of a few other greats I wanted to see one last time before they die. A recent search on the web yielded that John Mayall is going to be in Walnut Creek, CA this next Friday July 25th so I already bought tickets.

My advice is to go see these guys before they are gone forever. Mayall is older than God (81 this November) so this may be the last time/chance you ever get.

http://www.johnmayall.com/tour.html

2. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

3. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Looks like Mayall has another new CD out this year and we are thinking about driving down south to see him again. What is he now like 83?

4. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

I decided to pick up a copy of Mayall's new CD for the car since my old iPod finally crapped out last November and I didn't even realize that WB6ACU was playing on a couple of the tracks until I received it.

I thought I recognized that sound...

TALK_ABOUT_THAT.JPG

5. K4TQF

K4TQF Member

OMG ! I thought he was long dead...

6. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Think again... and he's 10-years older than the Stones.

Already missed a few of the shows here and I don't feel like driving all the way down to southern CA again this summer. He's in Utah starting next Wednesday.

9-Aug Park City, UT
    10-Aug Park City, UT
    11-Aug Park City, UT
    12-Aug Park City, UT
    24-Aug Solana Beach, CA
    25-Aug Santa Monica, CA
    27-Aug Vancouver, WA
    1-Sep Peoria, IL

17-Oct Crawley, UK
    18-Oct Llandudno, UK
    19-Oct Stoke-on-Trent, UK
    20-Oct Liverpool, UK
    21-Oct Birmingham, UK
    22-Oct Tunbridge Wells, UK
    24-Oct Sheffield, UK
    25-Oct Norwich, UK
    26-Oct Salisbury, UK
    27-Oct Truro, UK
    28-Oct Frome, UK
    29-Oct Portsmouth, UK
    31-Oct York, UK

1-Nov Southport, UK
    2-Nov London, UK
    3-Nov London, UK
    4-Nov Cambridge, UK
    5-Nov Bristol, UK
    7-Nov Ipswich, UK
    8-Nov Oxford, UK
    9-Nov Southend, UK
    10-Nov Guildford, UK
    11-Nov Canterbury, UK
    12-Nov Blackpool, UK
    14-Nov Gateshead, UK
    15-Nov Halifax, UK
    16-Nov High Wycombe, UK
    17-Nov Basingstoke, UK
    18-Nov Dartford, UK
    19-Nov Torquay, UK
    21-Nov Manchester, UK
    22-Nov Buxton, UK
    23-Nov St Albans, UK
    24-Nov Weston-Super-Mare, UK
    25-Nov Bournemouth, UK
    26-Nov Folkestone, UK

7. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

You know, the thing about Mayall too is he's been a better all-around artist than Eric Clapton, Peter Green, Jack Bruce, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, Mick Taylor and the list goes on. He has pretty much outlived and outdone them all. When's the last time Eric Clapton or Mick Taylor did anything that was worth a shit for example?

8. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Hey, remember this masterpiece? I still have a lot of this stuff on vinyl :mrgreen:

side1.png
    side2.png

9. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

I wish old lip wagger would just retire and go a way there's just a few stones tunes I like the rest are shit. Maybe an old despised girl friend, my sister, or weird space I've been in when the stones were playing, but for some reason they just don't click with me.

10. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

Didn't John Mayall and Paul Butterfield play together in the past or am I thinking of someone else? Who did East-West?

11. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Regardless, the Stones are still the most successful and most famous rockn roll band of all time.
    Wrong continent, that guy was here from the US and Mayall came from England and is known as the Godfather of the a British blues.

12. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

No East- West but they did play together I'm not completely gone yet..

Not impressed like I said there's a few good Stones songs the rest suck. Most bands no when to fade away not these dudes their like Genital Herpes they just won't go a way. Sorry to be so blunt

13. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Yeah, looks like they did that one 4 track 7" record back around 1967 when Butterfield was traveling over in Europe. Looks like it's a very rare record too and was only released over there and never over here.

The cleaned-up mp3 is attached below...

Attached Files:

14. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Well, not everyone can have good taste. Also sorry to be so blunt :lol:

15. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

That's exactly what I was thinking :icon_thumbup:

16. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

I checked and it looks like Clapton did a new CD last year in 2016, but like always, it sounds like watered-down Mayall tracks. Everything he does sounds like a poor copy of Mayall.

Anyway, here's one of the other good tracks from Mayall's new CD, but on vinyl. Vinyl has started making a big comeback.

17. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

Yep vinyl records into vacuum tube amps:icon_crazy: its all backwards today. No record play here so I haven't played any of my vinyl in decades.

18. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Oh, if you have not streamed the documentary below on your Roku box, its a good one. The trailer is below.