75-Meters First Wednesday AM net

Discussion in 'Ham Bands' started by KC5FM, Oct 28, 2014.

1. KC5FM

KC5FM Member

I am happy when I can listen to the first Wednesday AM radio net sponsored by the Collins Collector group.

"Join us on AM for the 1st Wednesday AM Net on 3880 kHz at 7 or 8 pm in each time zone moving from east to west. This net meets regularly on the first Wednesday of each month.

7:00 PM-8:30 pm Local East Coast Time
    7:30 PM-9:00 pm Local Central Time
    8:00 PM-9:00 pm Local Mountain Time
    8:00 PM-9:00 pm Local West Coast Time" http://bit.ly/1oY5E5z

There's nothing like the sound of an AM transmitter and the heterodyne signals during the checkin period. It brings back memories. :lol:

Lloyd, KC5FM
    http://kc5fm.blogspot.com

2. Radio-Tuber

Radio-Tuber Member

I just missed you! Glad this is still happening! :icon_clap:
    Now you are added to my iBrain to help me plan ahead.
    I have a BC-375-E (60W), a TCS-8 (20W), and a WRL-680-A that is rock-bound (I have crystals for 3870, 3875, 3880, and 3885 kC)

Cheers!
    Jim K6FWT

3. WA2ROC

WA2ROC Member

I was listening on 3880 from 7 PM until 8 PM last night and heard lots of tuner-uppers and "Hello Test" comments, but never really heard anything like a net starting up.

Did it actually happen?

4. KC5FM

KC5FM Member

I thought the net happened but conditions were not optimal last night, from what I was hearing.

I only heard two or three stations and they were down in the noise floor.

Lloyd, KC5FM

5. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

The band is really long tonight and the 3870 AMI net will be starting here at 8pm PST. 4-land, 5-land along with our local 6-land stations are already coming in. It will be interesting to see what happens tonight.

West Coast AMI Net

6. Radio-Tuber

Radio-Tuber Member

I'll check the NVIS MUF here, maybe use my short vertical (25 degrees take-off per EZNEC demo) if it's too low for the dipole. I'll be running a BC-375-E at ~60W. Listening on a Hammarlund SP-210-SX.

Cheers
    Jim K6FWT