Dunkirk the movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by W6MQI, Jul 23, 2017.

1. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

Just saw this last night I give it two thumbs up if you haven't seen it yet its worth going to see. We all know what went down at Dunkirk so I won't go into details about the movie. I will say the ACM or aerial combat seemed realistic and well done unlike most movies where Tom Cruise types are gallivanting around the sky making stupid cool guy remarks with their O2 mask removed so all the females can see their pretty faces.

2. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

I'll have to wait until its available for streaming.

3. WQ5Q

WQ5Q Member

Thanks for the report. I plan to see this movie while it's in the theaters.

Hitler's first big mistake was attacking Poland thinking France and Britain would sit by and set him do it. No they declared war. He did not want war with them but thought Neville Chamberlain would back down again.

His second big mistake was stopping Guderian's panzers when they had the British bottled up at Dunkirk. Fortunately, he made a lot more screw-ups and significantly shortened the war.

4. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

I rented the movie via iTunes last night on the new Apple TV box and to me it was just too slow and boring. The trailer had a lot of action, but those were only like 2 or 3 very short scenes that lasted no more than a few seconds. I almost turned it off and went to bed because it was putting me to sleep.

Maybe it's just me, but I really didn't care for it much.