ART-13 Transmitter

Discussion in 'Technical' started by W6MQI, May 20, 2016.

1. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

Frank,
    I would 100% make sure the filaments haven't been changed over to some other configuration should be obvious funky wiring, non stock solder joints etc. I started thinking about it there are 10v, 12v, and 6v filaments in the art13 how the heck? Maybe just the auto tune system was hacked? If so you may have a fighting chance.

2. Frank F.

Frank F. Member

Thanks for the reply Dave,
    You're right they are obvious. The red lacquer dabbed on all the solder joints helps, plus the fact that the original solder connections are flowed beautifully, unlike the hacked connections. The filaments for the 811s and 813 were the only wiring hacks I found. I repaired them and they are working correctly. All of the tubes now glow as expected, and verified with voltage measurements. I have turned this set inside-out looking for more cut wires. I did find someone had put a VR105 and and OC3 in series in the modulation section. Maybe for regulation?? Who knows.
    I just need to gather the iron for the PS and find or build a nice cabinet to get started.
    FF

3. Frank F.

Frank F. Member

How much would you charge to fab me up a crank handle??

4. Frank F.

Frank F. Member

Do you have information on the toroidal xfrmrs you used?
    Thx
    FF

5. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

I used my neighbors lathe which is no longer available since his house burned down over Christmas:'( I'll be rebuilding the house starting in June sometime sorry to say the lathe is a total loss.

6. Frank F.

Frank F. Member

That's horrible sorry to hear that.

7. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

What voltage transformers are you looking for? I have a brand new Hammond 278CX 800vct 532ma that could be used for the B+. With a bridge rectifier you'll get around 1200vdc. $100.00 plus shipping I even have a 20v 16amp transformer that could be used for the filaments, but I'm not sure if I want to part with it yet.

8. Frank F.

Frank F. Member

Thank you,
    I think I have a line on a nice 800v ct Stancor, but I still need a xfmr for the screens.
    I am using a switching ps for the filaments/dynamotor.