630-Meters 472kc to 479kc

Discussion in 'Ham Bands' started by W5HRO, Oct 7, 2015.

1. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

I'm assuming when this gets approved that 472kc to 479kc will be the window.

I think it will start out and remain for data, MSK (Minimum Shift Keying) with no voice communication like AM, but we will see what eventually transpires as time goes on. Not sure how well AM work down that low, but it might. The current window is probably too narrow though for phone operation.

2. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

3. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

The ART-13 will transmit in the 200-600 kc range with the low frequency plug-in I'll have to keep a look out for one. Of course the price has now jump in price accordingly. Either that start winding a new tank coil around a trash can for the 807 transmitter:icon_crazy:

4. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

You just need a BC-348E or later model receiver now with the B code band tuning to go with it for the receive side :icon_thumbup:

5. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

Yep that would be real nice.:icon_thumbup:
    I was hoping to go down to San Luis Obispo for the MRCG gathering figured this would be a good place to find a BC-348's, ART-13's, and maybe a manpack radio of some sort always on the hunt for something strange.

6. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

It just needs to be an E model or later. They added 200kHz to 500kHz along with expanding the other bands starting with the E models with the code B tuning. Those older ones though like the K model I have a very hard to find. I just got lucky with mine. Most of what you can find today are like the Q models + or - a letter.

A-B.png

7. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

Sounds like 600m is getting lots of activity was talking with a station up in Placerville today on 900 Mhz he's been hearing stations from all over the country even as far the Caribbean. Looks like I need to find a OV-17 for the ART-13 all though I'm sure someone will be coming out with some 600m QRP kit radios at least I hope so.

8. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

Here we go a down converter.

Attached Files:

9. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

Now that I think about it wounder if the TS-590 with GC transmit mod would transmit down there? Hmmm might have to investigate that one.

10. W5HRO

W5HRO Administrator

Don't know, but it probably will.

11. W6MQI

W6MQI Member

The 590 outputs 1mw on 600 meters from what I've read haven't tried for myself to verify.